AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
93913325

My homeowners insurance issued me a cgeck for a refund which

Customer Question

Hi my homeowners insurance issued me a cgeck for a refund which I cashed to find out later they had put a stop payment on it. With that being said they didnt pay the company so I had to pay them . Now im getting fraud charges due to them stating I made a duplicate check. What can I do? When I originally got the chevk I deposited it into my bank account which had a hold on it. They reversed it back because my husband wasnt on the che k with me and sent a check which wasnt the original one that I could cash somewhere else. What can I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience.

Are you stating that a State Prosecutor has filed a criminal action against you for fraud?

From what you have stated, it sounds like it was just a mix up, and you should be able to deposit the second check, with your husband's and your endorsement.