Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.

In the Maine Condo Act 1603-103 (c) it states the summary of

Customer Question

In the Maine Condo Act 1603-103 (c) it states the summary of the budget is to be mailed. Does e-mailing the summary of the budget satify this legal requirement?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Email is rarely a legally acceptable means of communication. So, no, if a statute requires delivery by mail, paper mail must be used to be in compliance.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm online.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Notice for annual meetings is allowed by email. So our Board is saying that what matters here is that Notice was satisfied, even if the budget summary was never mailed. Is the budget summary important at all? Can mailing it be ignored? I'm on the board too, so I know about the summary budget, by my opinion is that a vote is not allowed until the summary budget is paper mailed to all, then email notice.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
The notice is not in compliance since the statute is specific in requiring regular mall. It can not be ignored. The budget is a specific responsibility of the board..