Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I had kidney surgery on Friday, 7/29/16 and on August 2 as I

Customer Question

I had kidney surgery on Friday, 7/29/16 and on August 2 as I was recuperating I received a letter from HD SECTION 8 for recertification. I called their the name on the letter, TASHA; and, asked for more time inwhich I stated that I had Kidney surgery. TAsha said, that she couldn't give me more time ; and, if by the date on the letter, 8/15/16,I will terminate Kimberl's housing assistance. I asked how am I to get it to you . Tasha said mail it as long as I have it by 8/15/16. You terminated!
I contacted her the next day and asked about kimberly's arrest record possibly and I don't recall dates and whats it was about which was misdemeanors. She saI'd do what you can but it must be in compliance with what on our records. And, as I read further they want to know the caregivers gross income? I asked her anither question: What does a CAREGIVER, whether family or stranger's income has to do with tenants recertifications? She said tge caregiver is living in a HD housting, therefore, Riverside County is different from other counties. I said, your process of elimination is you make up your own little qipuestions. And, if you don't comply I just remove you as a tenant. I asked what about the disabled client I said what about the disable client and she said that we will duals qualify her. I asked, are you saying up that we must fibd other housing and she said "It wouldn't be with the Riverside Section 8 housing..
I redial her number and asked for her superior, and she wanted to know for what? I said just give me tge name and number. As I told her superior that this was personal and I know know this employee but I believe that she wanted to show me what a bad azz that she is. She said, "I am doing my job!
What are my choices? This is not a real estate question but I believe that this employee is using her position to garrass
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I am preparing my response to your post and I will post it very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Contact HUD field office and file complaint against the Riverside Section 8 housing and TASHA for the way you have been treated.

A caregiver's income is not relevant to recertification for the Section 8 Program. The caregiver is not a Tenant.

Also, you should have been given more time for recertification in light of your major surgery. There is no need for her to be rude to you about that.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.