Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have a life state, I am 87 and want to go into assisted

Customer Question

I have a life state, I am 87 and want to go into assisted living. I wantto sell this house and there are 5 other beneficaries who will get a share of the sale. My question is that I have been in the house 24 years, and I want to know id I should put a lein on the house for the repairs I have made, such as new roofs, ACs, paint, door replacements. In all the money I have spent is approximately $20,000. Is this permissable?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon Jean,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are the beneficiaries of the Life Estate willing to join you in the sale of the property?

Doug