Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in RE Law, including LL/Tenant, contractor disputes, comm'l prop. issues

Can a quit claim deed be reversed?

Customer Question

Can a quit claim deed be reversed?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 2 months ago.

Hello there.

Technically, no - a quit claim deed cannot be "reversed". I a deed is written and recorded at the registry of deeds in the county where a property is located, another deed can be written to reverse what occurred in the first deed and then the second deed can be placed on record in the county which will undo the effects of the first deed that was recorded there. So, while the situation can be reversed or "undone" by using another deed after the first deed, there is no way to actually cancel out or reverse the first deed that was recorded unless you use another SECOND deed to reverse what happened in the first deed. Sometimes a court will order that a new deed be written and recorded to "reverse" a situation that occurred when using a first deed that should not have been recorded or something like that.

If you want to give me some more information on the situation, I may be able to elaborate on the answer a little bit more. Otherwise, if you have no further questions, I would appreciate it if you could press a positive rating above in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you today. THANK YOU