Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

My sister and I bought a condo for my mom to live in. I paid

Customer Question

My sister and I bought a condo for my mom to live in. I paid and cash financed her share. She now has stopped making payments to me and wants do a quit claim with me paying her what she has paid me so far. I need some assistance.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help you today.

You can do this assuming you can reach a buyout amount.You decide what is fair here, it is certainly negotiable.She can quit claim your share assuming you reach agreement on what you are going to pay or not pay her.You remain on the mortgage here as I understand.At least it gives you clear title once quitclaim is filed here and you have complete ownership with a promissory note.

You try to resolve this with her if you can here and accept quitclaim if you can reach fair resolution.This is not going to be a problem to file quitclaim deed and get her off the title.

Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Free quitclaim deed forms for you.I appreciate the chance to help you today.

http://lawlibrary.franklincountyohio.gov/assets/forms/recordable/Deed-Quitclaim-104.pdf