Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

What exactly is a recoupment in regards to property and how

Customer Question

What exactly is a recoupment in regards ***** ***** and how does it work? Also does New York State recognize land trusts?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes a little bit
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: I didn't ask them this I'm asking yiu
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: What exactly is a recoupment in regards ***** ***** and how does it work and also does New York State recognize land trusts?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

1. NYS does not recognize land trusts except in the context of environmental protection.

More to come...

2. Recoupment is an equitable principle by which marital monies that were spent during the marriage are paid back to a spouse in the divorce. This includes monies spent maintaining separating property or in cases where there has been wasteful spending.

Without more facts from you, I am not sure if this is the context in which you are asking about the concept of recoupment.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you.