Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I received a Termination of Tenancy on 8/4. I had a written

Customer Question

I received a Termination of Tenancy on 8/4. I had a written lease for 3 years and the landlord has not sent a new one since 2013. The above email stated I had to vacate by 8/31. I have paid my rent on time for the entire 6 years I have been here. Also the original lease stated that I deposited the last months rent. After looking at the Mass Laws I believe I have at least until end September to stay here. Also if this is true and he is already in possession of the last months rent, does this apply to the September rent due. Lastly do I need to allow him to show the property under these conditions.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good evening Larry,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What was the term of the last lease? When was it to end?

2. Do you want to leave?

3. Did your lease have a clause for an automatic renewal?

4. Did your lease call for you to provide written notice of your intent to terminate your lease?

Thanks in advance,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Doug, i year lease., not auto renewal. I need more time to leave and find new accomodations, the end of September is enough. The notice time was 45 days on the last lease renewal in 2013
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Hi Larry,

Would you like me to call you for just $5 more?