WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

Live in MH park, own my MH, rent property. Signed contract.

Customer Question

Live in MH park, own my MH, rent property. Signed contract. Contract states must ask permission to repaint. Given choice of colors, agreed. Now owner wants everyone to repaint to their specific colors, at our expense, or face eviction. My permission was not given in writing as many others are the same. New owner/landlord, no new contract. Sr. park (55 and older). Rent is 515/mo + water, sewer, etc. No SSA raise last 2 years, fixed income. They will be sending out letters to residents in next 10 days. I had my home painted within the past 2 years, and have warranty on paint. I will lose my warranty. Do we have any rights?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 9 months ago.

Yes, under Oregon law you have rights, and the MH park management cannot require you to repaint to their specified colors. You are entitled to leave your unit painted as it is now and not required to do anything.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you; I wish you all the best.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.