Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.

My friend and i own a residual home (deed joint tenancy

Customer Question

my friend and i own a residual home (deed joint tenancy ownership), though its in joint tenancy, she really own a small portion on the home. she is willing to take her percentage which less the fifty percent. my question: is there a way to write a new deed that show her percentage of the home, and when I decided to sell property she would get the percentage of the value of the home at the appraised value as of 2016.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi Roman. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Yes, this is easily done. Both of you simply need to sign a quit claim deed transferring your interests as joint tenants to the two of you as tenants in common in the specified undivided ownership percentage interests you desire. The deed needs to be witnessed, notarized, and then recorded in the real property records of the city/county in which the property is located. If you need a template for a quit claim deed, let me know and I'll be happy to provide you one.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!