Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I'm a 83 years old widow and I have had a Home Equity Loan

Customer Question

I'm a 83 years old widow and I have had a Home Equity Loan from PNC Bank for years. I was told it was running out and I had to renew it. I have a credit score in the 800rd. I was able to get a loan rate of 3%. Now they said my house isn't valued at the amount to renew at the rate even lower unless I wanted to renew in the amount of $125 thousand. I certainly think my home is worth that much. We've lived in this home for 54 years and have kept it up. The house next door sold for $80 thousand a few years ago. and it's not as updated as mine.
I live in a black neighborhood and I think that has a lot to do with it. They are now charging me an interest rate of 51/2 %. With a credit score in the 800 I think their is something wrong in that.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us about this, since banks have their own internal rules and policies regarding loans they make?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My goodness this is the third time I'm telling my story. I was on chat with a lady and then I was sent to the pay money part. Well I've paid and I'm trying to get back to the young lady. If that's not possible, please forget it and refund my deposit.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Look I'm tired, I'm throw!
Thank you for your reply, I am sorry, I did not realize that you had spoken to someone else, the experts on this site are not employees so we do not see that information.
I sincerely ***** ***** I see no other question from you on this topic. However, if you would like a refund, please contact customer service at***@******.*** and they will gladly refund your deposit.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Look I don't want to pay anymore money. Just give me what you've got.
Thank you for your reply.
I cannot give you anything at all since you never answered my question as to what your specific question was about your situation.
Furthermore, this is a new question on which you have only made a deposit, you will not pay any more money, but I am afraid this is also the only question posted and there is no specific question above which is what led me to ask you what your specific question about the bank loan for us is, since the law does allow banks to set their own loan rules and qualifications?