J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.

I had rented an apartment out of state for my wife to be

Customer Question

i had rented an apartment out of state for my wife to be close to her her kids. She has decided she wants to return to live with me, can I prevent her from moving to my home.New York
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. If a spouse desires to return to the marital residence she is allowed to do so. The only way to prevent a spouse from doing so if it is believed moving back in is going to cause stress or tension is to obtain a court order preventing this from happening and granting the current occupant exclusive rights to the home. A local attorney would need to assist with obtaining such an order.

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I realize this was not the answer you were hoping to receive however I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

You are welcome, best of luck.

Hello again gentle reminder to rate my service. Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons). I am simply touching base. Thanks!