Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.

Need a general warranty deed to sell a piece of vacant land

Customer Question

Need a general warranty deed to sell a piece of vacant land in N.C. do I need a N. C. Lawyer to complete that document? How much does that usually cost if so? I live in VA.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
Here is a link to a warranty deed form you can use as a template: is not required that it be prepared by an attorney, but it is robably not a bad idea if you are not sure how to complete the deed and the conveyance.
If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise: is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty.  The attorneys are all peer rated.  So, they represent the top of the profession.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

There is no set fee for an attorney to do the closing for you. You can negotiate a flat fee upfront. I imagine the fee would range from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand, depending on if you used a sole-practitioner with a storefront office or a partner from a large downtown firm.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (5 stars) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.