Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years

My tenants violate the property indeed lining to many people

Customer Question

Hi,my tenants violate the property indeed lining to many people in 2/1 house.Department of family and Children inspected the property and took some to shelters.They are still to many and I wanted to give then a 30 day note to live but they reject to sigh.
How can I proceed to evict then ,what I suppose to do as next.Please give me advice.
Thank you in advance
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

There is no law that requires them to sign the notice. You can just post it on the front door and then take a picture of it. But there is no reason to give them a 30 day when you can just give them a 7 day notice to cure violation and then file to evict them through the courts if they don't get rid of all the people other than who is allowed under the lease.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...