Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate

I'm an heir to property in Fredrick, MD that a couple have

Customer Question

I'm an heir to property in Fredrick, MD that a couple have been farming for over 20 years without ownership. I and another heir have been ask to sign this over to them. I need to know my rights. Mickey Hamilton, Leisure World MD
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

If you are an heir you would not want to sign away your rights.You might decide to sell your rights but this is different.As an heir I see no reason to just sign it over.

You would want to have your interest appraised here and sell it for full value.Even if this is an undivided interest there is no need to just sign it away.You have rights to keep it here or to sell for fair market value.Again just signing this over is not in your best interests as you deserve full compensation or you may elect to keep it.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.