LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.

I have a house scheduled to be sold at foreclosure at noon,

Customer Question

I have a house scheduled to be sold at foreclosure at noon, Thurs Aug 11, 2016. I am cleaning out personal items now. Do I have any time beyond the foreclosure sale to get additional items out or must I be completely finished and all personal items removed by the sale?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon Bob,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The foreclosure sale is just the beginning. Payment must then be processed and the sale paperwork processed, which will generally take a number of days. Only after the new owner has caused the new deed to be filed with the land records office will they be in a position to serve you with a Notice to Quit. Then they must sue in court for an eviction order.

Realistically you will have many days, or even a couple of weeks after the foreclosure sale, before you will actually be locked out of the premises.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,