Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

The lots next door to me are zoned R-1. The property owner

Customer Question

The lots next door to me are zoned R-1. The property owner is asking the city to let him build duplexes on the lots. What can I do to stop this?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You already have done what you were supposed to do, file the petition opposing the zoning waiver and go to the open hearing to express your objection. If the zoning board approves the waiver, then you would need to decide if you want to challenge that decision by filing an action in court to show that the decision of the board was fraudulently obtained or in violation of the law and get the court to declare it a void decision and stop the duplexes.