How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7081
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a guy who was dropped off here with my friend and has

Customer Question

I have a guy who was dropped off here with my friend and has not left my home since he does not pay bills he puts no money into this house he is not on any paperwork for this property or house he eats and drinks all our stuff I am a single mom barely making it and he has overstayed his welcome I ask him to leave all the time he wont he tells me to evict him and he needs time and I can not afford this at all I am only one paying for things I dont even really know him and this is getting to be ridiculous i have been telling him for at least 2 to 3 months to leave and he needed to be finding somewhere to go I am without food now and drinks for me and my children because of him what can I do I need him gone
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.

Well, No good deed ever goes unpunished, does it? As long as you continue to provide food and drink for Freddie the Freeloader he is not going anywhere just because you ask him to. Somewhere in your local parish, there is a small claims or renters court in which a person like you can handle an eviction on their own, without an attorney. I strongly suggest that you get one started tomorrow. If you put "the name of your County-eviction court" into a Google search, you should be able to get all of the information you need on how to file. The court will usually provide forms.

Please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks not what I wanted to hear I can't take him being here no longer I don't tell him he can eat here he just helps himself I have told him numerous times we can't afford him
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.

What did you want to hear? I told you how to get rid of him legally. If you wish to do it otherwise, that's entirely up to you. Do you want help with your court forms?

Related Real Estate Law Questions