CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

DIDNT PAY LAND OWNERS FEES TO THE TUNE OF ALMOST 500

Customer Question

DIDNT PAY LAND OWNERS FEES TO THE TUNE OF ALMOST 500 DOLLARS, OUR CONTRACT SIGNED IN 2000, STATES REASONABLE LAWYERS FEES INCURED, THEIR LAWYER IS CHARGING US OVER 2000. DOLLARS, EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY PAID FEES THREY ARE TRYING TO COLLECT THEM AGAIN STATING HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION IS GOING TO RETURN MY MONEY PAID THEM VIA CASHIERS CHECK, WHICH I HAVE NOT SEEN YET, AND FOR A PAYMENT PLAN TO PAY THEM OFF IS AN ADDITIONAL 6000. DOLLARS, WHAT TYPE LAWYER DO I NEED TO FIGHT THEM OUR COURT DATE IS THE 22ND OF AUGUST, HELP PLEASE
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
PLEASE RESPOND TO EMAIL:***@******.***
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 6 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using the forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am sorry to learn about this situation. Attorney's fees can greatly inflate the amount of a damages claim, however it does appear that in this case the plaintiff is greatly increasing the claims/charges they are attempting to assess against you.

If you would like to retain your own attorney to represent you in this matter you would want to look for a "civil litigation attorney" a small firm or a solo practitioner (either specializing in civil litigation or a general practice attorney will be competent to handle this kind of dispute).

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).