Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I signed a lease on Saturday 8/6/16 and would like to get

Customer Question

I signed a lease on Saturday 8/6/16 and would like to get out of it. Less than two days have passed and there would be no loss to the landlord as the move in date is more than a week away. A substantial deposit consisting of a prorated month's rent, a full month's rent, and security deposit was paid. I have notified the landlord by text that I wish to get out of the lease and be refunded my deposit, but she has not responded. Do I have any rights under contract law to withdraw from this lease? The property is located in NH.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 2 months ago.

What would the basis for the withdrawal be?

I'm sorry I need to opt out; I just received an important phone call I need to take; please don't respond to this as that will delay another contributor from assisting you. Thank you.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

different expert here...but same question. Is there a basis for this (for example, the landlord is not honoring the terms of the lease)?