RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

After given a tenant a 30 day notice can they refuse to let

Customer Question

After given a tenant a 30 day notice can they refuse to let me have access if I give the a 24 hour notice?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to helping you.

A tenant still has to be a good tenant and comply with requests, even after a 30 day notice to move has been given. So long as a tenant was given proper notice (some states actually say how much time must be given, but the general rule is 24 hours notice) and the landlord is entering for a lawful reason -such as to inspect the property, make repairs, check smoke detectors, etc., and not for harassment, they may enter.

A reasonable tenant still has to realize that a landlord may need entry to a home, even after giving move out notice to a tenant, whether it is for repairs, to show the home, or in the event of emergency, and unless as stated above, the landlord is engaging in behavior to harass the tenant, a court will side with the landlord.

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

Did you need me to clarify anything in my answer or was there some additional information you needed from me today?