Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We purchased a condo in Florida, the first mortgage co.,

Customer Question

We purchased a condo in Florida, the first mortgage co., First Franklin, sold the mortgage to BOA. We paid monthly, in person at BOA branch, until one day the teller refused our payment. After much investigation, we found they had sold our mortgage, and had kept the last 5-6 payments. We have had two attorneys and are still in court after 6 years. Collier County Florida case #*********. Nationstar Mortage now has our mortgage, since our attorney no longer has chosen to represent us,and we have a hearing on the 25th os August. I need guidance, as to how to handle this, as I cannot loose my home, this has ruined our credit, we have paid two attorneys, and have not accompolished anything. We proved to the court we paid BOA, with cancelled checks. They took our money and we supposedly did all the right things, and we need guidance as to where to go from here, our health is really being affected, and anything you can do, would be greatly appreciated. Susan ******,******************* , ****************** ********** ****************
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) Do you have an attorney now?

2) What kind of hearing do you have coming up on the 25th? Trial? or something like pre-trial, etc?

3) What kind of case do you have overall - is this a foreclosure? Or did your attorney file a declaratory judgment or quiet title action?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I received an email from Ana Sanchez case 32012-ca-00686-0001-xx the email does not state what kind of hearing. At this moment I do not have an attorney, and I donot want to goo into the wrong direction, in choosing a new one. I guess you would call it a foeclusure, but we paid BOA, and they kept the payments and yeard have passed & Nationstar came up wit an $800,000= final payout, when it started at $5,000,000, we have all paid attorneys and the breakdown of that figure, is not clear. Our last attorney siarted a suit agaiinst BOA, which has gone no where This all could havebeen settled years ago, when we tried to modify to a conventional mortgage, as we owned a piece of investment property, to apply tp this mortgage, and it wsn't possible.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Thank you.

I cannot tell you what to do if I do not know what kind of hearing it is. That is like saying "I have surgery coming up and I am not sure on what... please help."

Can I assume that this will be the final trial hearing?