Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I went to a pre-trial hearing regarding a small claims

Customer Question

I went to a pre-trial hearing regarding a small claims lawsuit. I am suing a landscaping company hired by home owner’s association. My home owner’s association since fired both the property management company and the landscaping company. The lawyer for the landscaping company and myself decided mediation. I am claiming $4200 in damages and compensation. The lawyer offered me $1000 for settlement through the mediator. We did not agree on a settlement. During mediation, the mediator met with me in private and told me, since I did not physically witness or see the landscaping company broke the main water line to my home, there is a probability, during trial, the judge might toss out the case. I have pictures of a spliced water hose and a broken pipeline. I live in a sub development. No one comes into my property. I called tow plumbing companies. They gave me an estimate that I could not afford. I paid a handyman to repair the damaged main water. I have a generic receipt from the handyman. The mediator told I might to subpoena the handyman. For two months, I rented a room from my sister. I drew a lease. I also used a legal pad for my mileage. The mediator suggested that I might have to subpoena the handyman and my city water department. The city water bill for over $600 is itemized. Please provide me with advice on how to prepare and win the lawsuit. The hearing was set for February 20, 2017. I suspect the landscaping company’s lawyer will try to settle. I do not know if they can after the failed mediation. The lawyer asked me questions after the mediation. I told him the landscaping company fired the crew chief after I complained about the matter. The lawyer asked me the race of the landscaping crew chief. Your thoughts on preparing for the trial?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

You may benefit from a 30-45 minute phone call with me on this.