Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

In relations to the questions asked earlier. The property I

Customer Question

in relations to the questions asked earlier. The property I mentioned in the prior questions was my dad's property who is deceased. There was a prior buyer which wanted to purchase this property and that buyer advised my siblings that they could take anything they wanted out of the house, the buyer is an investor and really has no interest in property I assume that person buys and sell. However I decided to purchase it to keep the property in the family. Since I sent the as is offer, my siblings have removed the ac unit, the refrigerator, the stove, the shutters for profit. I even have my brothers on my camera phone going down the street with the items on a dolly and those items were sold to the surrounding neighbors. NOW i am purchasing a house which I will have to replace those items. Do I
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Since the property belonged to your dad or his estate after he passed and up until the time title is actually transferred, your siblings had not right to take these items from the home. The person handling your dad's estate can file a police report for theft against them. That person can also file a suit on behalf of the estate for civil conversion. If you are purchasing the house without these items, you will need to adjust your offer on the house downward accordingly.