Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

I am building a multi family unit. retail on bottom homes

Customer Question

I am building a multi family unit . retail on bottom homes above. The neighbor is not allowing me to go on their property to finish a wall. They rent.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

You will need to have the neighbor grant you a license to access his property under a licensing agreement. License agreements allow temporary use of property that is similar to the use allowed by an easement. Here is a sample to see what one looks like. You will need to get permission from both the LL and the tenant and may have to pay some money for this right. If this fails, you may apply to the court for temporary access based on necessity.