Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate

I just had my house foreclosed on and my neighbor just let

Customer Question

I just had my house foreclosed on and my neighbor just let me know that there change the locks on my house I want to know about my stuff in the house and what my options are
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You can contact lender here and demand access.If you have not abandoned the premises they have to file forcible entry and detainer and get an order here in order to be able to evict you.If necessary you have right of entry yourself.You would want to involve law enforcement if you have to break in yourself.Try the lender here and see if they will not back off in your case.Again under Texas law this is wrongful eviction.You have rights and access until you are evicted here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

You can sue here if you have to if they will not back off and give you access here.I think they will do so if you contact them here and tell them you are still living there.