Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

A city tree is blocking our homes ocean view, City is not

Customer Question

A city tree is blocking our homes ocean view,
City is not taking steps to remove the tree even though they have asked us to trim the tree first and if that did not solve to restore the ocean view then city would permit to remove the dais tree.we have trimmed the tree per agreement with the city ,however now after we have spent $2000 to do so now they are not empamenting what was an oral contract with us to remove the tree after trimming not solving the issue.
Our home value has been effected by$200000, and the problem is getting worse every day.
I need legal help. (###) ###-####
Alan haven
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Do you have some type of "scenic view easement" in your deed that gives you a legal right to the ocean views?

.

Have you contacted the person you spoke with about the tree trimming agreement?

.

What was their response?

.

.

thanks