Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.

We cannot find a lender who is willing to loan for a mobile

Customer Question

We cannot find a lender who is willing to loan for a mobile home on land (no foundation). We own our own company for the last two years and our income wasn't as good the last two years as it is right now. Can we possibly look for a lender for just the land? How would we go about finding a lender. Can we purchase the land ....but keep the house? So many questions. I look forward to talking to you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Yes, it is possible to look for the lender just for the land. Now of course this means that the mobile home would have to be paid by yourself. Regardless, plenty of lenders should work with you for the land itself. There is no one way to "find" a lender, but a good start would be your banks which typically have good rates. You can also try, but if you do this, your credit will take a hit SEVERAL times when applying for many lenders to call you back, as opposed to only 1-2 pulls when applying with a lender individually.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!