Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

How can I recend a sampler membership with diamond resort. I

Customer Question

How can I recend a sampler membership with diamond resort. I only paid 195.00 down
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Las Vegas Nevada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. Just signed yesterday
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The contract says no right of rescission, cancelation or refund
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

Is this for a timeshare?

Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

In NV, you may cancel it by written notice up until midnight of the fifth calendar day following the date you signed the contract (Nev. Rev. Stat. § 119A.410(1)).

Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

Here is the law:

NRS 119A.410  Right to cancel contract of sale.

1.  The purchaser of a time share may cancel, by written notice, the contract of sale until midnight of the fifth calendar day following the date of execution of the contract. The contract of sale must include a statement of this right.

2.  The right of cancellation may not be waived. Any attempt by the developer to obtain a waiver results in a contract which is voidable by the purchaser.

3.  The notice of cancellation may be delivered personally to the developer, sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, or sent by express, priority or recognized overnight delivery service, with proof of service, to the business address of the developer.

4.  The developer shall, within 20 days after receipt of the notice of cancellation, return all payments made by the purchaser.