Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

The association board of directors are violating the

Customer Question

The association board of directors are violating the declaration . Leasing units over the limit.
What can I do to resolve this matter.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the Association board is not following the bylaws and declarations, then your first step is filing an appeal to the board and present your evidence to them. If they refuse to take action to correct the matter, then you have one remaining option and that is to file a petition for declaratory judgment in court to get a court order to them to follow the declarations and for damages against the board that you incurred from them failing to follow those declarations. So if they are not complying with your demand from an attorney, your remaining option now is suing them in court.