How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6371
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been on Disabilty for 12 years and have section 8

Customer Question

Hi I've been on Disabilty for 12 years and have section 8 housing my total income for myself I live alone is ss650$ ssi 103$ I have a friend who works on my car in exchange I help him to pay off my bill no cash is involved , example I clean the bathroom or answer the phone, or print some paper ,sweep the floor , it was brought to my attention today that someone went into the section 8 office and accused me of working under the table , now they want to investigate, which is fine. I'm very personal with my health issues and my public assistance. He is also a dear friend am I doing something wrong ? This person went to section 8 and called the business and asked for me and who ever answered the phone said I would be in the next day , I try to go in for 1-3 hours if I can my bill is 2200 $
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

The best answer I could find for you on this is that you may not be violating any laws because the repair of your car [valued at $2200] cannot be considered "in-kind" income since it is not in the form of of food or shelter that someone else gave to you.

Related Real Estate Law Questions