Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

When I checked on my county court house record, I learned a

Customer Question

When I checked on my county court house record, I learned a chiropractic doctor filed a Lien Affidavit against my property in 1997 for the clinic lien of $810 due to the automobile injury. The doctor sold his clinic to another doctor. I called the new doctor's office for my record, the lady told me that my balance was $0 since my insurance company had already made the payment(s). She refused to give me the copies of the billing and payment history since it was over 7 years. I contacted my insurance company and was told that they made several payments to this doctor and the total amount was far over than $810.
I am in Collin County Texas, I would like to know if there is any way to remove this lien? I only met this doctor for less than 3 times of treatments and I do believe that he was fully paid. I have never received any late bill payment from him since the visits. I am so surprised that he would file a lien against my property. So, please advise me the best way to clear this lien?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Does this lien show contact information for doctor's attorney or does it have contact information for the doctor who filed it?

Please provide me with more details.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Alex, thanks for getting back to me. The lien was filed by Neuwirth Chiropractic Clinic, signed by Brenda (Kathy) Wages at 1909 W. Parker, Suite 221, Plano, Tx. 75023. Tel.(###) ###-#### Dr. Neuwirth was the one I visited for less than 3 times (one for taking the x-ray). The office building is gone. The phone number is ***** answered by another Chiropractic Dr. who claimed that he bought the clinic from Dr. Neuwirth. When I first contacted this office, I was told that I had a $0 balance. the State Farm, my insurance company, paid it all. But when I mentioned about the lien that needed to be released, they started to say they retain no records of me since it was over 7 years. They refused to help. The insurance company listed in the lien was Progressive and not State Farm. There was also an attorney's name listed in the lien, Mr. Adrian L Crane at***** Garland, Tx.###-##-#### I was not able to locate someone with that name at that address. My only resource is from State Farm and I am still waiting for them to send me the copies of the payment records. Please advise me the next step to take in order to clear this in-accurate lien. Thanks.

Thank you for your follow up.

It is important that I inform you that I cannot provide you with any type of legal advice or legal service or tell you what to do or not to do in your specific case, as such legal advice / legal service can only be provided by your local attorney, upon a full review of your entire situation. This service is limited to legal professionals, such as myself, providing JustAnswer.com customers with general answers to customer's legal question. Do you understand above terms, agree with the above terms and would like me to proceed with my general answer? (please only answer "Yes" or "No").

Customer: replied 4 months ago.