Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I HAVE A CONDO WHERE MY SON LIVES RIGHT NOW, DUE TO MY

Customer Question

I HAVE A CONDO WHERE MY SON LIVES RIGHT NOW, DUE TO MY HUSBAND'S PASSING, MY SON NEEDS TO MOVE IN WITH ME AND WE NEED TO RENT HIS CONDO, THE HOA HAS PUT US IN A WAITING LIST BUT, THEY SAY IT WILL TAKE ABOUT FOUR YEARS TO GET AN OK "IF WE ARE LUCKY"
iS THERE ANY WAY THAT WE CAN GET AN EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon Nora,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you saying that the HOA has a waiting list to be eligible to rent the unit out?

2. Is selling the condo an option?

3. Why does your son need to relocate from the condo?

4. How old is your son?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug