Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I have a question about property tax. I have a property. The

Customer Question

I have a question about property tax. I have a property. The county has almost doubled the tax value this year. It is a vacant mobile home. I purchased the lot in 2008 for $5500 and put a used mobile home on it that cost $100 plus $400 to move it. I had a tax hearing a few years back and got the value set at $10K. I was not happy with that because it only cost me $5500. Now I have to do it again. There are a few vacant lots out in that area and the county has them all valued at $15K but that is not what they are selling for. How can I get the county to set the value at the actual purchased value?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, there is no specific way to do this. I have actually not see this done. The only thing you can hope for is to get the County not to increase the value from the current assessment.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.