Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I was living in a house alone. I had a couple move in and

Customer Question

I was living in a house alone. I had a couple move in and shortly after they wanted to buy the and let me stay as long as I wanted rent free, just as if they never bought the house. The couple broke - - husband out first via the wife. Then wife got reconnected with an old flame in FL. She put the house on the market so she
could buy something in FL. (I know this sounds like The Young & The Restless). And finally my question is do I have any rights to stay in the house? There was no rent or lease.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 4 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

I had a couple move in and shortly after they wanted to buy the and let me stay as long as I wanted rent free, just as if they never bought the house. The couple broke - - husband out first via the wife.

Did the couple sign a contract to purchase the house? Did they pay you in full for the house? Did you ever transfer title to their names? In order to determine your rights to stay in the home I would need you to assist me by answering the questions I asked above.

Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I see that the previous expert has opted out of your question, so I will be helping you from hereon.

Did you ever own this house?

Please clarify?