KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.

I just bought a tax home and dont think it was done

Customer Question

I just bought a tax home and dont think it was done correctly. The property has not been transferred into my name as of yet and it has been a month! What should I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am an attorney and am happy to assist.

It is not uncommon for the transfer of property to take many weeks, so I would not worry just based on how many weeks have passed.

Did you have a closing and sign all the documents? Was there a deed put in your name?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I only have the quit deed that is in his name.

Well it sounds like you already checked the registry of deeds to see if your deed was recorded. I would contact whoever the professional was who was handling the deed for you and get a copy, as well as find out the status of it being recorded.

You paid for the property so you won't have a problem getting this corrected legally if there is an issue or delay.

Hello, I just noticed that this question is still open.

I hope my answer was helpful. Please be sure to rank my answer so that I get credit for my work with you. A positive ranking in the top three would be appreciated.

Thanks and take care,