KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.

If I had known about the lien or taxes owed i would not have

Customer Question

If I had known about the lien or taxes owed i would not have signed the quit deed.
Can I contest this document,
He is also in violation of our divorce by not giving me tax related information that affects me.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We were divorced in June 2011
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 2 months ago.

So it is not clear to me how you didn't know about the taxes owed or the lien. Did they not send out the proper notices of this?

No, so far you haven't given me any information that would allow you to contest the deed. It sounds valid to me.

In regards ***** ***** other issue of the divorce agreement, if you are entitled to tax information that impacts you, then you can certainly go back to the same judge and file a motion saying that he is not complying with the court order. The judge will make him provide that information.

Hello, I just noticed that this question is still open.

I hope my answer was helpful. Please be sure to rank my answer so that I get credit for my work with you. A positive ranking in the top three would be appreciated.

Thanks and take care,