Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I recently purchase a property in ga and found out the water

Customer Question

I recently purchase a property in ga and found out the water meter on my land was hooked up to house next door. the meter was not purchased by the neighbor. now the water company wants me to pay $1500 for a new meter and move it to the house next door. reasoning it went on 20 years so what I am the new owner. the neighbor purchased home in foreclosure and did not do his due diligence? do I have a case? it is reasonable that a utility on your land is your ulitliy?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What do you mean by

it is reasonable that a utility on your land is your ulitliy?

Are you asking if you own it since it was on your land?