Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Counselor! Would you be so kind to help me understand an

Customer Question

Good morning counselor! Would you be so kind to help me understand an issue that just arose between my landlord and I?
My dad parked his vehicle in the parking lot of an apartment we rented, and went overseas for a couple weeks. The car had a flat tire as a result of it sitting there unused. The apartment office towed the car just for the fact that it had a flat tire. However, in reading the lease, it says that a vehicle could be towed if interferes with the maintenance operation of the building. No such operation of maintenance was underway... what can we legally do to have them cover the towing expenses?
Thank you very much
Lauch,
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello mr. Roger
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did you get a chance to review my question?
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.
The best thing you can do is file a lawsuit against the apartment complex owner for an illega tow.
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.
If the complex rules do not allow a tow unless maintenance is necessary, you should have a right to sue for an illegal tow.
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.
Here's a good link regarding an illegal tow: http://westpalmbeachattorneys.blogspot.com/2012/06/has-your-car-been-improperly-towed-know.html?m=1