Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

I live in a condo and the building has 12 units. I'm hooked

Customer Question

I live in a condo and the building has 12 units. I'm hooked up to a shared antenna on the roof by way of a vhf/hd converter on the antenna. Recently they took all the antennas down and told me if I wanted reception that I would have to go to a provider or get an air antenna.
I'm under the impression, that once something was offered it couldn't be taken away. It could be replaced, repaired or upgraded. Isn't this in the Ohio Revised Code?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that the ORC does not contain a provision saying that they cannot remove the antenna and not replace it. The Condo board has discretion and authority to manage operations of the Condo, the ORC does not prevent them from removing the antenna, but you have the right under federal laws to put up your own antenna or dish if there is no other way to access TV signals, the law does not say the Association has to provide it to you though or that they cannot remove it if they previously did provide it to Association units.