Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.

I inherited a property from my cousin who passed away in

Customer Question

I inherited a property from my cousin who passed away in March. She had a will in which I was appointed as administrator. The estate has gone threw probate and closed with no claims. The final settlement states I was awarded the property. However. The deed to the property is currently in her name alone and she is not married. What type of deed do I need to get in order to legally transfer ownership of the prophet to myself. Will I need to transfer into her estate first since it is already settled.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi Luther. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

This is a pretty simple process. You don't need to transfer title to the estate. Rather, you would do this by signing a Quit Claim Deed as executor of the decedent's estate transferring title from the decedent to you. You would sign this Deed as the executor of the estate of the decedent, have it witnessed and notarized, and then record it in the real property records of the city/county where the property is located. I have attached a form for the Quit Claim Deed which you can easily complete with your specific information.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!