WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.

Can you get a u.d on a land contract if you buying land from

Customer Question

Can you get a u.d on a land contract if you buying land from someone
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 3 months ago.

Under Virginia law, you can get a U.D. and evict someone from occupying land that you are purchasing. It would also be possible to get a no trespassing order from the local police which would be faster and easier and avoid having to go through a lot of red tape.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was asking if the owner of land that I am buying can get a u.d on me I have a land contract with them and it states if I fall 3 months behind in payments then I can be foreclosed on and I should keep taxes paid every year I was late on first half this year now I got the u.d

No, if you own the land, they cannot get a U.D. against you. Only the owner of the land can get the U.D. and you are the owner.