How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6265
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in a court case with my family, the defendants. This is

Customer Question

I am in a court case with my family, the defendants. This is a case that dates back to the 1940's. An oil company was doing leg work before the Haynesville Shale became public and noticed that land that my cousins claimed was still actually ours and not on the sale agreement from 1949 ... 200 plus acres not listed out of thousands.
Fast forward almost six years and we are still in court but what I have found is that a bank (The Bank of Pleasant Hill) was listed in my great grandparents Will with their company and some land and was left to their two sons equally and undivided 50% interest. Which is where lies the problem for my cousins and the benefit of my side. You can not take from family so to speak. Upon finding out more information since 2010 I found that it is not the few acres that they are worried about, but there was no documentation of the bank stock selling on that 1949 agreement that had other things listed but left out these acres, and now I find that the bank too has no sale notice.
After my grandfathers brother died unexpected a document was removed from a safe in Shreveport that had a "Insurance Contract Agreement Owned by my grandfather (his name). When this document went missing myside became poor and my grandfather to a shot gun to just below his heart line and pointed it up.
Fast forward 50 plus years and the lawyers we have are all conected to other lawyers in Louisiana it seems and I can not get an traction on the bank issue. At this point I don't know if I can fight this rich group in court anymore and with the case being handled by one judge in Sabine Parish ... how do I report it as a crime? The bank sold in 1985 for 6 million and that bank has sold again in 2012. So, what arm of the law do I report it too. Local will not be of any help? Again, easy to find out the truth ... it was in T.W. Hardee Sr. and Alberta P. Hardee's Will of Sabine Parish. My grandfather was suppose to have sold in 1949 according to the document on record but that document left out the bank, 200 plus acres and also under the bank was a investment company that held almost 2000 acres. Again, who can help me and my family at least find justice. Any help will be fantastic. R. Hugh Johnson (two cases right now in Sabine Parish regarding the land, the original issue that all of this came to light. Thank you.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry that you are having to deal with what appears to be a lot of corruption. The proper place to report ethical misconduct by the lawyers is at this link. The proper place to report ethical misconduct by the judge is at this link.

Note: Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you.