Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

Does the board of a condominium can assess fees fees that

Customer Question

Does the board of a condominium can assess fees for legal fees that are not directly related to the building. Our board established an assessment of fight a change in the zoning laws of the City of Coral Gables without prior approval of the unit owners. The Board's opinion is different from my own opinion and this seems to be an abuse of powers because there is not direct threat to the owners and no direct benefits from this action.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 4 months ago.

I understand your point, but the board has authority to look after the general welfare of the community so if they can argue that the costs were associated with efforts to benefit the community, then I think it will be hard to challenge in court.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.