Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I own manufactured home and lease lot for $600 per mo. On

Customer Question

I own manufactured home and lease lot for $600 per mo. On Jun 28 Orange County showed up with search warrant saying my house was a meth lab. They spent 4 hrs searching my house and found lye used for plumbing and lithium batteries. As far as I know they are both legal.It turns out that someone was trying to get records expunged and collect $1000 was the person reporting.My point is I have an eviction notice based onStatute 723.06. No arrests were made.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us about this matter?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What is my course of action? I have a perfect record after 11 years with the exception of this.
If I want to call you what number do I use?.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
far I have paid you but have not been given any help.
Thank you for your reply.
Some housekeeping first, since most customers do not understand how this site works. First, we are working with multiple customers at one time, so the experts who are not site employees may take a bit of time to respond to you. We appreciate your understanding that.
Second, this is a back and forth system where the expert may need to ask for more information and the customer too may want more information once the expert has responded. All of those replies are included in your fee.
Finally, you have paid nothing but a deposit and the expert gets no credit for spending time with customers until the question and answer is complete and the customer leaves positive feedback.
If you would like to make a phone call instead of typing all of the information back and forth, that is a premium service and I will send you an offer.
You said you were not arrested, all they did was come and search your home, nothing more, correct? Do you know who made the complaint to the police?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do. He is a heroin addict who got arrested for theft drugs and drug paraphanalia.
Thank you for your reply.
So you were not arrested, meaning you have no criminal record to remove. However, your landlord is trying to evict you for no good cause, do you have a written lease? 723.06 does not say you have to be evicted, so I do not understand why you would be evicted if you were not arrested and not in violation of the park bylaws/rules, what is the good cause they are claiming you are being evicted for?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Endangering the life health and safety of the park. I called them and gave Manager the info I gave you and he said he was checking into it. That was Friday and I have called him 5 times and still have not received a call back.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm thinking I just need to have an attorney write them a letter. I should not be punished for another criminal's actions.
Thank you for your reply.
We cannot represent anyone from this site, that is forbidden by state law I am afraid and it is also stated in the terms of service for this site.
Someone making a false report on you outside of your control is not endangering the park and does not qualify for you to be evicted. That is what I think is so confusing here, since you had nothing to do with any of this and someone outside of your control made a random false complaint. An attorney writing a letter for you locally will cost you about $500-$700 though and there are some other things you can do besides a letter.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have to charge my phone before I can call you.
I take phone calls up to 5PM, but after that we can do a call tomorrow between 8AM and 5PM if you would like to do so and I would be glad to do that for you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will call you tomorrow.
Thank you for your reply.
Okay, please reply to me tomorrow when you are ready for a call and I will give you instructions on how we do that.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I tried to accept offer to speak to law personnel but it did not accept my accept
Thank you for your reply.
I do not know why it would not allow you to accept, I will send a new one and you can try again, if you continue to have an issue, please contact customer service about your account at***@******.***