Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

Went to court today. Ordered and adjudged that a Writ of

Customer Question

Went to court today. Ordered and adjudged that a Writ of possession be issued on August 3, 2016. I really don't want the house any more...just need additional time to move.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No...the judge recommended that I get one because I had a previous lawsuit for predatory lending. I could refile because the case was dismissed without prejudice. I really am exhausted behind all of this. Been going back and forth to court for 6 years now.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No...not really
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

You will want to file a Motion to Stay the Writ of Possession and argue that you need more time to move because of XYZ reasons. Just filing the writ should place an emergency hold on the case until the judge reviews your motion. This should buy you some time. Here is one from Florida that you can use as a go-by to draft your own.

Note: Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you for using Just Answer.