Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

We have recently paid off the mortgage on our home. Now we

Customer Question

We have recently paid off the mortgage on our home. Now we would like to put the home in the wife's name. How do we do this and what is the estimated cost?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

You can do this cost effectively by using what is known as a quit claim deed where you and the wife transfer title to the home to just the wife. Once you fill out the form, you will need to file it with the county real estate deed records to record it. Here is a sample form.

Note: Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you.