Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I live on the end of an easement with the 1st house as we

Customer Question

I live on the end of an easement with the 1st house as we believe owns the easement off the main road and the middle house and myself are holders. The middle house is stopping the trash service from reaching our property, which would mean she can also stop fire trucks, ambulance, etc? We are confused about our rights. Please help
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you saying that you own the easement rights across another person's property?

.

So you are the easement holder?

.

And the easement runs across the first house, and the second house to allow you access to your house?

.

Have you gotten a copy of the recorded easement from the local land records office so you can see exactly what your rights are?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
From what we were told, the owner is the 1st house, and the second house and 3rd house (mine) are holders, but either way, can anyone stop any services from getting to our property. And as holders, we are responsible to keep the drive clear.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I get up at 3AM, so I do have to leave you now. Thank you for your help. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ok, this is going to depend if you actually have an easement across the 2nd property as well. You should because it wouldn't make sense to just allow you to cross the first property but not the 2nd. So assuming that you have an easement across the 2nd property, that owner has no legal right to stop any services or guests that you may have in place or they are violating your property rights.

.

Buy you really need to get a copy of any easements for the 1st and 2nd houses to make sure that you are in the right here. I think that logically it has to happen that way so as to allow you and guests and licensees to get to your house.

.

.

thanks