Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

Our HOA has been damaged by our neighboring HOA (their

Customer Question

Our HOA has been damaged by our neighboring HOA (their stormwater spills into our stormwater system and caused erosion. damages exceeded $125K).
If we litigate, can we sue for remuneration of attorneys' fees?
I live in North Carolina
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

While NC does allow for attorney's fees in the abatement of a public morals type of nuisance under this law (See Section 19-8); it does not apply to a general common law tort nuisance action such as the one that would be involved in your case.

I know this is not the answer you wanted to hear, but I am assuming that you are paying for a professional and honest answer.

Note: Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you.