LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

I have two questions. I am going to buy on the auction a

Customer Question

I have two questions. I am going to buy on the auction a foreclosed by HOA condo in Florida. Just found out that the condo also has an unpaid hospital lien (17K). If I buy the condo cheap and get a certificate of title would I be responsible to pay this HOSPITAL LIEN after buying? A Final Judgment of foreclosure in REM of this condo includes an unpaid monthly assessment and Guardian Ad Litem fee. What does Guardian Ad Litem mean? Thank you in advance, Tonya.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon Tonya,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Under FL law, if you buy a foreclosed property from the HOA, all the other liens on the property are still valid and encumber the title of the property. This would include mortgages, as well as liens by creditors---including the hospital bill.

A Guardian Ad Litem is a person appointed by the court to represent an incompetent person such as a child or a disabled, incompetent adult.

In other words, be careful about buying a property in an HOA foreclosure as you are also stuck with a property that has all the other liens attached to it that you have to deal with. Ant those other lienholders can then foreclose against you at any time once you own the property.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good evening Tatiana,

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, and with the expectation that you would act similarly and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug